POOL & BOATS
The Pool is OPEN!
The staff and Board would like to remind our members and guests of the following guidelines:
- The Park is open from 9:00am to 9:00pm daily
- Children under the age of 11 must be supervised in the park at all times
- There is no lifeguard on duty
- Children up to 36 months are required to wear a plastic diaper/little swimmers when in the pool
- Lake equipment will be available for use in 30 minute time slots between the hours of 11:00am – 8:00pm daily beginning May 20th until September 4th. The last boat can be taken out at 7:30pm.
- A waiver must be filled out and signed by a parent or guardian (16 years or older) each time lake equipment is used. A piece of ID, park access card, keys (or similar) will be held in the office until the waiver is returned to the office.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to use lake equipment unattended.
- The games room will be open on weekends only, from 12:00pm-8:00pm for the month of June, and then from 11:00am-8:00pm daily until the end of August.
- Tennis court use is first come, first served.
TENNIS COURT UPDATE
The much anticipated rehabilitation of the lower court will be undertaken this year. Safety fencing will be put in place to secure the worksite and it is requested that all members refrain from entering the area until the project is completed. Ongoing updates will be available on our website, so please check back frequently for further information. Any park closures will be announced on our website.
SUMMER TENNIS LESSONS & CAMPS
We are offering classes and summer camps for U8s & U12s. Please click the Summer Programs tab under Programs for a full listing or contact the office for more information.
Monday to Thursday: 9-9pm
Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 9-4pm
*** Please note that if office is closed waivers for boats will be available from our park staff by the hut or just inside the lower hall***
GARBAGE BIN COLLECTION
This year, the City of Calgary has implemented some changes to the structure of the Enhanced Landscape Agreement that RRRHA is involved with. One notable change is that the emptying of garbage bins on the pathways and at park locations will no longer be done by the RRRHA crew. If at any time bins are found to be over-flowing please contact 311 to have a service request logged.
Welcome to the occasional (and irreverent) musings of the Board Blog. This is an area for RRRHA directors, volunteers, associates and members to write about anything and everything related to life in Rocky Ridge. Blog entries will be moderated to ensure compliance with legal and ethical standards. Ideas and opinions expressed therein are wholly the responsibility of the author and do not reflect the policies or opinions of the collective RRRHA Board or organization. Please direct any feedback or comments to the author.