POOL & BOATS
The Pool is OPEN until August 31st, 2018
The staff and Board would like to remind our members and guests of the following guidelines:
- The Park is open from 9:00am to 9:00pm daily
- Children under the age of 11 must be supervised in the park at all times
- There is no lifeguard on duty
- Children up to 36 months are required to wear a plastic diaper/little swimmers when in the pool
- Lake equipment will be available for use in 30 minute time slots between the hours of 11:00am – 8:00pm daily beginning May 20th until September 4th. The last boat can be taken out at 7:30pm.
- A waiver must be filled out and signed by a parent or guardian (16 years or older) each time lake equipment is used. A piece of ID, park access card, keys (or similar) will be held in the office until the waiver is returned to the office.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to use lake equipment unattended.
- The games room will be open on weekends only, from 12:00pm-8:00pm for the month of June, and then from 11:00am-8:00pm daily until the end of August.
- Tennis court use is first come, first served. ** Rehabilitation on the lower court has begun (July 31st) and no access will be available until the work is completed.
TENNIS COURT UPDATE ** Monday July 30th**
The much anticipated rehabilitation of the lower court has begun. Safety fencing will be put in place to secure the worksite and it is requested that all members refrain from entering the area until the project is completed. Ongoing updates will be available on our website, so please check back frequently for further information. Any park closures will be announced on our website.
Registration is now open for our Fall programs! Please call us or visit https://central.ivrnet.com/rrrha/searches?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=fall to register. Our offerings include a variety of Yoga classes, Pilates and Kids Music classes.
Due to installation of an underground irrigation system the Ranch park will be closed for three weeks from September 1st - 22nd. The last day the pool and boats will be open is August 31st. Please keep an eye on our website for updates.
One of the changes that was made to RRRHA's Bylaws at last year's AGM specifically addressed the nature in which the notice of Annual Meeting or Special Resolution is to be provided. RRRHA can now provide notice by email instead of physical mail so this year we will be sending out notices by electronic mail. If you have not received a mass email from us please contact us at email@example.com to add your email to the list by September 15th. Members for whom we do not have emails will have their notices sent by Canada Post.
*Thursday, August 16th: Due to extremely poor air quality, the park will not be staffed today and boats will not be available.*
Monday to Thursday: 9-9pm
Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 9-4pm
*** Please note that if office is closed waivers for boats will be available from our park staff by the hut or just inside the lower hall***
*date change* Sept.22nd 11:00am - 2:00pm
What better way to wrap up the summer than a festival? Join us for live music, face painting, balloon artistry and a petting zoo corral. A BBQ hot dog lunch will be provided.
GARBAGE BIN COLLECTION
This year, the City of Calgary has implemented some changes to the structure of the Enhanced Landscape Agreement that RRRHA is involved with. One notable change is that the emptying of garbage bins on the pathways and at park locations will no longer be done by the RRRHA crew. If at any time bins are found to be over-flowing please contact 311 to have a service request logged.
Welcome to the occasional (and irreverent) musings of the Board Blog. This is an area for RRRHA directors, volunteers, associates and members to write about anything and everything related to life in Rocky Ridge. Blog entries will be moderated to ensure compliance with legal and ethical standards. Ideas and opinions expressed therein are wholly the responsibility of the author and do not reflect the policies or opinions of the collective RRRHA Board or organization. Please direct any feedback or comments to the author.